Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Our Daily E-Mail Exchange


To: Paker@don'temailmeatwork.com
From: Val@goingtoyogatoday.com
Re: Idol Recap


P -
Did you make it through Idol last night? Just a few thoughts:

David Archuleta singing Dan Fogelberg's "Longer Than" was a complete cheese-fest. The Idol AV guys should have concocted a virtual Velveeta Waterfall behind him as he sang.

Is it wrong that I almost cried during David Cook's rendition of "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face"? In my defense, I am VERY premenstrual AND it made me emotional when they flashed to his mom standing up (amongst everyone else who just sat there) all bleary eyed. Then Ryan Seacrest had to reveal that she was just the weepy Stage Manager. Creepy-Stalker Stage Manager if you ask me.

Lastly, did you see the lady in the audience holding crayola-made "Cougars 4 Cook" sign? Yikes, the day you see me holding a "Cougars 4" anything sign, just give me a lethal dose of barbiturates and put me on a bus to Mexico.

PS - I voted for David Cook three times. Uggh! Am I 13 or 38?

To: Val@goingtoyogatoday.com
From: Paker@don'temailmeatwork.com
Re: Idol Recap


V -
I totally voted for David Cook as well - and also three times. I figure that is three times more than I have voted for any president of our country - ever. Obviously I wasn't shaking in my Marc Jacobs pumps when P Diddy told me to "Vote or Die".

I just can't take David A. seriously. He looks like the little brother you'd give 6 bucks to to go fetch you some tampons at Walgreens and tell him to buy himself some Smarties with the change.

To: Paker@don'temailmeatwork.com
From: Val@goingtoyogatoday.com
Re: Idol Recap


News Flash: They just reported on Good Morning LA that Lord Bachelor Matt and Shayne are still together and happy. Phew! You have to admit that kind of story is newsworthy, because in the scheme of things, stories about earthquakes in China are just "Fluff".

PS: I really think we should both cxl our subscriptions to US Weekly in protest for putting those young bitches from The Hills on the cover every two weeks. Because US Magazine would be financially crippled if we cancelled our subscriptions.

No comments: