Friday, September 26, 2008

Go Google Youself


Have you ever "Googled" yourself? You know you have, and if you haven't you've probably Googled a friend from high school, or an old boyfriend. I can Google my husband and find no less than 12 entries about him (including a boyishly handsome picture of him in a suit). I've Googled old sorority sisters - one became press secretary for John McCain and now lives in London, one is a casting  director in  Hollywood and another married football star Steve Young. Me? Last night after a glass (or two) of wine I "Googled" myself to fine a big fat Zero entries. Does that make me a failure? Probably. 

A few years ago, I did a quick Google search and my name came up along with a picture of me at a work luncheon wearing a too-tight orange sundress, surrounded by my annoying co-workers, looking  like I had just swallowed a piece of rotten cheesecake on the verge of having diarrhea. Luckily that photo and related  article is currently off the Google grid.  Not satisfied with the hideous picture of me found under my married name, I went ahead and did a Google search under my maiden name (the name I had back in the day when I had more than one friend). Amazingly, when I  typed in my maiden name (which is comprised of a very uncommon first name and even more uncommon last name) a ton of "matches" appeared. Yippee! I clicked on the article(s)  only to discover that someone else shared my name: A Las Vegas stripper who had sued Mike Tyson for rape and was later convicted of extortion. Classy. It even came with a picture of her and like me she was blonde and short. That's just great. 
-Val
Update: I just re-googled my maiden name again and the first entry was a crazy Italian website with a video strippers galore shaking their exposed TaTas like no one's business. My high school friends will be so impressed!

No comments: