Wednesday, October 8, 2008

E-Mail of the Day: AIG Can Burn in Hell (while they get Hot Stone Massages)


to: parker@Don'tEmailMeAtWork.com
from: val@doinglaundry.com
re: AIG & Lehman Brothers are Bastards!

Parker:

I just read about the $440,000 retreat that AIG spent for employees, just days after the government gave them an $85 billion dollar bailout. Good for them. I hope they had fun! Ummm can you say holy-greedy-bastards-burn-in-hell? And if you are wondering just where they had their "business meeting", it was at the St. Regis in Dana Point, Ca. (you remember, the place where we went with our hubbys and had that cheap $600 dinner a few years ago?) Not exactly a budget-friendly hotel. In these times of economic turmoil, I have given up the manicures and pedicures (which I only had every few months anyway), expensive scented candles, Starbucks and online jean shopping while buzzed on wine. Shit, sometimes I even find myself "Coasting" downhill in an effort to make my gas tank last longer. Meanwhile, AIG executives are spending $23,380 for spa treatments while our retirement portfolio dwindles down to nothing. Son of a Bitch.


to: val@doinglaundry.com
from: parker@Don'tEmailMeAtWork.com
re: AIG & Lehman Brothers are Bastards!

As (my personal hero) Cartman says: "Sons of Bitches!" I also heard that the ex-CEO of Lehman Bros. was on the treadmill and someone came up to him and punched him in the face. So great.


to: parker@Don'tEmailMeAtWork.com
from: val@doinglaundry.com
re: AIG & Lehman Brothers are Bastards!

I don't usually advocate violence, but in this case I'd say that "Karma came a calling". By the way, if I was partially responsible for the collapse of one of the largest investment firms in history, I would probably be sitting in my closet sucking my thumb in a haze of anti-depressants and cheap wine, and NOT getting jiggy wit-it on the treadmill.


1 comment:

Jennifer Good said...

I can't BELIEVE that! The worst part is, we can't do much about it, which is bullshit, because if this is supposed to be "America" and we're all supposed to "have rights" and be able to "make a difference" and "change things" why can't we? All that seemed possible about a hundred years ago when unions and women's rights and stuff got going, but we don't hear about that much anymore. I know we're "better off" than most countries right's wise, but it still blows that this is happening right in front of our eyes and they get away with it.