Monday, October 13, 2008

The End of An Era


Forget AIG, Lehman Brothers and Wachovia. I just read that Mother's Cookies has filed for bankruptcy and will cease operations immediately. What is this world coming to? Anyone who grew up in the 70's should be familiar with Mothers Cookies. I think she only had two types: the mini chocolate chips which tasted like crispy lard nuggets with a couple slivers of chocolate and the infamous pink and white "Circus Animal" cookies. God, I hated those Circus Cookies. They must have been perpetually on sale at Luckys Supermarket, because our cupboard o' mold was always stocked with these crappy cookies. Personally, I always thought they tasted like dog biscuits dipped in wax and covered with sprinkles, but I will miss "Mothers" anyway.  
-Val

1 comment:

Lisa said...

WTF! I just bought a bag of these and loved everyone of them. Guess there isn't enough of "me" out there to keep them in business. :(