Wednesday, October 8, 2008

This is Genius

In my day we had "drunk dialing": a late-night regrettable phone call after a night of hedonistic partying which involved one-too-many Long Island Ice Teas. No one was immune and the result was waking up the next day with a massive headache, and coming to a fuzzy realization that you made a phone call you shouldn't have. 

While I'm sure that "drunk dialing" is still rampant amongst the partying crowd, a new plague has enveloped our society over the past several years: "Impaired E-mailing". If you have a computer and a liquor cabinet, you are not immune. That remorseful feeling of Oh if only I hadn't sent that email to my high school crush/ex-boss/President Bush/ex-girlfriend etc..... 

Google labs has just announced a possible cure for 'Impaired E-mailing' called Mail Goggles. According to the Official GMail Blog, "When you enable Mail Goggles, it will check that you're really sure you want to send that late night Friday email. And what better way to check than by making you solve a few simple math problems after you click send to verify you're in the right state of mind?"


I guess the train of thought is that inebriation and math don't mix. Thanks Google. 


1 comment:

Jennifer Good said...

lol, I just saw this at this blog http://kidicarus222.blogspot.com/2008/10/but-now-im-gold.html, and he also talked about that SNL clip as well. I love how you both keep me up to date on all this hilarious stuff. I'd never know about any of this if it wasn't for all three of you.